Continuous Manufacturing/ Wet Granulation
BioPharma Engineering was appointed to complete the EPCMV of this project, which was designed to allow for the removal of one of the existing trains of equipment, design and procurement of a replacement equipment train to operate on a continuous basis, demolition and reinstatement of the existing production areas to accommodate the project while maintaining ongoing operations throughout the site works.
The high level scope of the project included Design, Procurement, Cost and Contract Management is detailed as follows:
- Demolition and removal of existing equipment.
- Civil modifications to rooms including re-allocation of technical spaces, operator access platforms and structural assessment for process loadings.
- Installation of bulk IBC dispensing stations, loss in weight screw feeders, product dispensing hoppers, continuous granulator, continuous blenders, continuous fluid bed dryer and mixing systems.
- Planning and fire certificate.
- Design and installation of clean room systems and overall package to ISO 8, using Ardmac panelling, stand alone AHU and associated BMS system.
- Installation of customised equipment control systems, with 800 i/o WinCC scada and batch control.
- Estimate & Cost Control
- Contract / Vendor Management
- Overall Cost & Program Management