API Plant Retrofit – NPI Upgrade
BioPharma Engineering were designers and project managers for the process mechanical and electrical works associated with the upgrade to an existing site”s API manufacturing capacity to accommodate the introduction of a 3rd generation API product.
The high level scope of the project including detailed engineering design, cost, automation management and contract management is detailed as follows:
- Process, mechanical and electrical design.
- Demolition and removal of existing equipment and pipe work.
- Design of new solvent handling and distribution on site.
- Upgrade to bulk solvent handling in the site tank farm.
- Introduction of powder charging to existing vessels and reactors.
- ATEX review and classification report for dust handling.
- Installation of 1.8km of pipe to existing reactors and equipment trains.
- Deltav automation up-grade (300additional I/O).
- Detail Design
- Process Design
- Electrical & Instrumentation Design
- 3D & Smart modelling
- Consultancy Support
- Project Management
- Estimate & Cost Control
- Automation Management
- Construction Support
- Health & Safety Management